Having written stories and poems since I was a little girl to finally stepping out into the world of performance and healing art, I would love to be able to pass on the knowledge, wisdom and the skills I’ve learnt from the process of writing and performing, and finding my own authentic voice in a variety of creative ways.
True Life storytelling is something that I am deeply passionate about. I believe we can all be ‘myth makers’ and ‘legends of the everyday’ simply through exploring our personal stories and world.
I have been an avid participant in the true life storytelling movement for over 5 years, as both performer and facilitator, with credits to include:
- Shortlised by BASE (British Awards of Storytelling Excellence) as Outstanding Newcomer to Storytelling 2013
- Creator & Performer of two ‘One-Woman’ true life storytelling shows throughout the UK and festivals.
- Member of Flashlight True Life Storytellers. A troupe of true-life storytellers lead by acclaimed Author and International Storyteller, Cat Weatherill
- Workshop facilitator and performer for ‘The Mee Club’ An Arts Council funded project in Coventry, Lead by Cat Weatherill.
- Offer creative assistance & support to other performers with true life storytelling shows.
- Regular performer with Natural Born Storytellers, one of Londons leading True life storytelling clubs, throughout 2015/16.
- Co-founder of Tellit Festival: The UK’s First true life storytelling festival in London, 2016
- Founder of Wild Words & Wisdom: Poetry, Story & Song for Women. An Intimate sharing of our personal stories and experiences creatively timed to the Celtic Wheel of the Year, offering the opportunity to explore our connection to nature and embrace the seasons within.
- Founder of Truly Spoken Workshops and Courses offering creative ways to explore, shape and share our true life stories, including a deeper self exploration and 7 week Journey.
So here I am mixing a proffesional background of 20 years training & hospitality experience with my own life’s wisdom, the 5 years of performance, True Life storytelling and workshop facilitation I’ve acquired and most importantly, my desire and heartfelt passion to help us reconnect to our truth and authentic-selves.
I’m very happy to offer my unique and exciting workshops which can be facilitated within schools, communities, festivals, retreat settings, my home venue Fishery Wharf Cafe, in Hertfordshire or anywhere else you might like…
Workshops can be tailored more specifically to suit your particular groups needs. So if you see something you like within my Truly Spoken Workshop & Courses pages, but feel they may need a little tweak, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com to see what we can arrange.
All workshops offer a safe and intimate space to share and delve into our story so far, and as such, some of the Adult courses can touch on the joys and sorrows we experience in life. Please come with an open heart and open mind and be willing to embrace whatever arise’s from the unconscious places within. I believe in using poetry, story, art and performance as a process of catharsis and healing, and since writing and performing my own transformational show ‘I Am Blackbird’ I’m passionate about helping others to find their story and share their authentic voice to rise up and shine.
Although the courses and workshop are playful, filled with creative self expression and therapeutic for the soul, they are not substitutes for counselling or professional therapy, if required.
I am fully enhanced DBS certified and hold public liability Insurance.
Lets work together to bring poetry and storytelling to life and help enhance the lives of many along the way.